As you might have read, I purchased a sample-sized jar of Laneige Water Sleeping Pack
with my previous ebay haul
. I’m still looking for a good night cream and until now I just used the same moisturizing creams I used during daytime in the night. I have the feeling that I should change this habit soon and put on some more nourishing creams during the night.
Now, I tested Laneige Water Sleeping Pack,
a gel-cream to use one to two times a week during night.
Here is the description from the official site of Laneige:
Light gel-type texture provides intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation.
Night time skin transmission (permeability) shows higher rate than the one in the day time.
Applying it right before sleep time, the best state for the skin transmission according to the skin circadian rhythm, maximizes the efficiency of overnight water supply.
The function of skin remarkably declines in the night time. Enriched with Beta-glucan, Water Sleeping Pack_EX deeply hydrates fatigue and dry skin while Ceramide SLN formula strengthens the skin barrier.
With containing the Snow Water, it helps to keep your skin look more crystal clear and vitalized.– Antioxidant effect of Hunza Apricot Extracts helps brighten skin tone evenly by removing harmful oxygen and purifying skin.
– Recovering from Chestnuts promotes turnovers of horny layers to remove dead cells away for vigorous water supply and sleek skin texture.
– An aromatic essence compound exclusively developed by AMOREPACIFIC, Sleepscent™(Patent application No. 10-2009-0043726), helps to relax your mind and body and derive for a good sleep. A good sleep effect allowing sufficient relaxation eventually reinforces skin restoration for healthier skin condition. Essential oils from Orange Flower, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Sandal Wood etc. are contained in the Sleepscent™.
– Light gel-type texture without stickiness but moisture leaves you a comfortable sleep.
How to use:
1. In the evening, follow the face relaxing massage after applying skin refiner and emulsion after face wash.
2. After taking appropriate amount(2.5cm in diameter recommended), mark on nose tip,cheeks,forehead, and chin areas, and feel the scent for about 3 seconds. * Relax your body and mind through the Sleepscent™.
3. Gently spread over the face from inner part to outer part along the skin texture.
4. Go to sleep after absorption without rinsing off. (Wash face in the next morning)* Use once or twice a week.
* Apply more than recommended amount when your skin is particularly dry.
* Open the cap and breathe in the scent of Water Sleeping Pac_EX about 5 seconds before use when you feel a heavy stress.
* Apply to neck area for neck care.
Beta-Glusan, Hunza Apricot Extracts, Chestnuts Seed Extract, Sleepscent™, Himalaya Snow Water
Everybody sensitive to scents can stop reading here, because this pack has a noticable scent. Laneige calls it “Sleepscent”. It’s a flowery, calming scent that I personally like a lot. I got used to the fresh scent of Missha Super Aqua Marine Stem Cell Cream that I use day and night, but I like Laneige’s scent a lot better. The gel-cream structure of the pack cools the skin while applied and absorbs quickly into the skin without making it greasy or oily. That’s quite important for me, if I consider to use it during night, since I don’t want to have a greasy pillow next morning :D
Honestly, I’m not sure if the “Sleepscent” is the reason why I fell asleep soon, or it was just me being so tired XD but for me this scent is kind of calming. Nevertheless, I couldn’t see any skin brightening effects, just my skin felt moisturized and soft the next day. All together I would say it is a nice alternative in the night care routine. Anybody interested should consider buying a sample-sized jar containing 20 ml for about 5 to 6 US$. The full-sized jar contains 80 ml and costs US$26.99 at cosmetic-love
I joined several blogger networking sites recently. Since GFC seems to end soon, I hope I provided enough alternatives for everybody interested in following my blog. Just have a look at my sidebars :) Or if you know any important networks I missed don’t hesitate and write a comment ♥