Coconut oil is one of those household products you will be able to find easily available and very versatile and useful. Surely, the main purpose of coconut oil is cooking. It can be used with higher temperatures and gives an exotic flavour to the dish. Furthermore it is quite healthy, since it is more heat resistant than other oils for example. However, coconut oil also has many other uses, and especially a huge amount of beauty uses and it has become one of my favorite ingredients and must-have products. I received a huge jar Organic Virgin Coconut Oil from Indigo Nutrition for reviewing purpose and I decided to use this review to share one of my quickest DIY beauty recipes with you: an easy one-ingredient body butter!…Okay, to be honest, I used two ingredients: Matcha powder and coconut oil, but mainly for the color :D The recipe works absolutely fine with only coconut oil.
At least 1 link to our Indigo Herbs homepage: https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk
At least 1 link to the product category page: https://www.indigo-herbs.co.
Personal views of what you like about the product e.g. usability, taste, texture, packaging etc. (the labels are new this year by the way!)
Coconut oil can be used for haircare, bodycare, makeupremover….there are so many options and you can really be creative with using it. When I do not use it for cooking I’m using a nut.sized bit of the oil as extra care for my dry ends of my hair. another way I love using coconut oil is a s body moisturizer. Here is my recipe for a quick DIY body cream made from coconut oil. You can go with one ingredient only, which is the coconut oil, but if you want to you can add some vitamin E or essential oils. I tried one with matcha powder this time:
Mainly you will need these things for making your own cocnut body butter: a handmixer (or kitchenaid), coconut oil, a bowl, and a jar to store your product afterwards. The steps are super simple to follow:
- Put a desired amount of coconut oil into the bowl. It should not be too few, because you will want to use the mixer.
- Add whatever ingredient you want to combine, like Vitamin E, or essential oils. I went for some matcha powder.
- Warm up the bowl in a sauce pan with water until the coconut is melted and you can combine your ingredients nicely.
- When everything is combined put your bowl into the freezer for 20 minutes until the coconut oil has retained a more solid consistency, but still soft enough to be mixed.
- Start mixing your coconut oil mixture until it turns solid and creamy like butter. This might take some minutes (depending on your mixer)
- Fill the butter into a jar and keep it stored in the fridge until used.
You will get the softest butter, which melts instantly into the skin and stays creamy and spreadable despite being in the fridge. Just have a look at the pretty green color the matcha powder gave it! On top, with a good quality virgin coconut oil you will smell of coconut all day! Get the Indigo Nutrition Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for from Indigo Nutrion and try your own simple coconut body butter!
What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?
♥ Pin It! ♥
Just as a short reminder: All products mentioned and reviewed on this blog are of my personal opinions. This product here was sent to me for reviewing purpose by https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk which doesn’t influence me in providing my honest opinion on the products.